Friday, January 13, 2006

12 hours..........

Approximately 12 hours until the space vehicle Stardust delivers it's amazing collection of comet dust to planet Earth. A seven year 2.88 billion mile trip is now just hours away from completion. The little capsule is soon to be ejected fron the mothership (that will continue on to the sun) and enter our atmosphere tonight at about 29,000 mph. The news exposure that this freaking incredible scientific accomplishment will receive , I predict, will amount to less than the demolition of an old Las Vegas hotel. Somehow, that just does not seem right.

2 Comments:

Blogger swamp4me said...

I have my fingers crossed that this sample will arrive intact and not be contaminated upon landing...

10:23 AM  
Blogger Reach the Beach said...

I Know...I can't imagine the anticipation and anxiety of the engineers and scientists who have spent many, many years on this project.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home